Here’s the 2nd part of Daily Paperwork:
Set a timer for 30 minutes and take these actions after work or before dinner each day to make the evening more relaxing:
- Collect the mail & turn out your pockets, wallet, etc. for any loose papers.
- Enter the day’s receipts & deal with other papers as called for.
- 'Deal with' means answer or action & file or shred/recycle as appropriate.
- Listen to your phone messages & read new texts &/or emails.
- Immediately action or respond to as many as you can.
- Diarise the others for later response or action as needed.
- Yes, diarise. Flagging or making mental notes are okay if your inbox is routinely decluttered, but otherwise these messages just add to the pile.
- Tick off today’s completed Dawn Planning steps.
- Can any incomplete steps be done after dinner?