(In calendar quarters – it was Quarter 4 in the financial year of July - June)
This is a fast way to do personal planning. If you have a favourite method already, use that & follow these steps as guidelines. Either way, make a plan!
- Quickly review progress on any plans you'd had for the last 3 months.
- Make a few dot-point notes in your diary or in a special 2015 Progress Logbook.
- Consider any new resolutions or goals & jot more notes.
- Take a ‘during’ snapshot, whether in pictures or a few descriptive words. Use benchmarks that suit your own aims, whether health, savings, clutter reduction, or whatever.
Go for a brisk walk, or dance, exercise, do vigorous housework – any physical exertion.
(Please don’t skip this step. It’s really helpful for writing step B in the best frame of mind.)
B. Quarterly Plan – July to September.
- Put some order into the notes you jotted down, using numbering, highlighting, etc., so it starts to take shape and give you ideas.
- From this, write out a clearer plan for the rest of 2015.
- Work out the steps you’ll be able to finish in July, August & September.
- Write these in your diary on realistic deadlines.
THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART -- DIARISE & KEEP YOUR APPOINTMENTS WITH YOURSELF.
(Yes, I was shouting, but not in anger. I was cheerleading :-)
Yay! Mark the break between Quarters by doing something on your favourite resolution, just for fun.