Weekly Cleaning 1
- Vacuum floors and edges on alternate weeks: This week, just do edges – skirtings and fiddly bits.
- If your rooms are too cluttered for you to reach the edges, following these Reminders will gradually help you fix that. Meanwhile, do the best you can.
- Same with dusting: Do only the hard-to-reach spots this week.
- Note: Don’t use a regular duster for high surfaces in the kitchen. They’re likely to be greasy. I use a microfibre cleaning wand with a commercial eucalyptus spray-cleaner. A steam cleaner does a great job, too.
- Washing: Sort for a minimum # of clothing loads, then divide those ‘extra’ loads up; say, hand-washing today, sheets & towels next time.
Create a mini-mudroom where you can take your shoes off at the door – front and back. It can be as simple as a shoe rack & large mat, with slippers nearby; or thongs, as we use in Australia. I like the recycled rubber knobbly ones that ease foot-aches like magic.
Wait, not those kinds of thongs – these ones: